Character Request Directory Sept 27, 2016 16:06:11 GMT -5
Post by Admin MJ on Sept 27, 2016 16:06:11 GMT -5
CHARACTER REQUESTS !
Every character on the site has lots of connections, whether they be family, friends, enemies, or something more. Some of these connections become characters through the use of Character Requests; simply post the form below to request a character to be made! You can also look through the requests to see if you might want to create one!
When placing a request, please choose whether your involvement in the request process is Hands-On or Hands-Off. Hands-On involvement will allow you to have input in who takes the character from this list and how they are created, while Hands-Off gives all the decision power over to the administration. If you choose Hands-Off, the administration will do their absolute best to select the best person to play your request.
RULES AND NOTICES
• Please do not spam this thread. Everyone's characters have dozens of connections and NPCs in their lives. Consider whether this character is significant to your plots and will be able to garner plots of their own before placing a request.
• All character requests have date markers. Requests will be left posted for three months, after which they will be taken down if no-one has requested to play them. Your completed form will be PMed to you and you can re-request if you choose to do so.
• When a request is claimed, the date marker will be changed to that date. Claimed requests will be left reserved for one month. At the end of the month, you will be asked your progress on the biography; the requester may ask for the request to be made open again.
• Potential Play-Bys are exactly that: potential. Placing a request in this thread does not automatically reserve the play-by for anyone's use.
• Hands-On requests do require that the biography for the new character be approved by the requester before it will be accepted. If any problems arise during the process of approving the biography, please contact the administration for help.
• If a request is filled in a manner that is unsatisfactory to the requester, and discussions between the two parties and/or with the administration are unsuccessful in solving the issue, the requestor has the right to ask the administration to give them the character back. In that case, the creator must give up the character and allow the request to be filled again.MUGGLESDOUGLAS _____ MacLOUGHLIN
July 19th, 2017
Requester's Name: Beth
Characters: duncan alastair macloughlin and the people he knows, maybe @jamie @bayla and Catalina Jana Smoak Trijo
Potential Play-By: Caleb Ruminer, because he looks a lot like Duncan
in my mind at least
Age Range: 18 (born between Sept 2187 and March 2188)
Character Group: He is a muggle. He’s probably a student of some kind (either college or final year high school) with a part-time job somewhere in the muggle world.
Biography: (Duncan's bio is here with more details of the MacLoughlin family and childhood. If you need more information, please PM or skype me <3)
• Alastair MacLoughlin, 46, Muggle, Father
• Davina MacLoughlin (nee Kinnon), 37, Muggle, Mother
• duncan alastair macloughlin, 19, Muggleborn, Brother
• Aila MacLoughlin, 12, Muggleborn, Sister
• Clarisa MacLoughlin, 5, Unknown, Sister
Douglas and Duncan grew up in an incredibly average home. Their dad was studying to be a doctor and their mum was a friend of a patient that he had met while he had been on placement. Their relationship was a whirlwind: pregnant with Duncan within six months and married shortly thereafter. By the time Douglas was born, Alistair had finished his medical degree and had secured a job at a nearby hospital. Their mother was a stay at home mother, tending to both of her sons. The boys were incredibly close in age, and got along extremely well. They were best friends for the majority of their childhood until Duncan left to attend Hogwarts nd Douglas never got a letter.
When Douglas was eleven, Davina was diagnosed with cancer, and Alistair couldn’t accept it. When Duncan came home for summer, it was he that attended Davina’s chemotherapy appointments with her. She beat the cancer, this time. Alistair had started becoming distant with Davina’s diagnosis and, even though she had beaten the cancer, he was still distant. He started abusing alcohol by the next year, and, by the time Douglas was twelve, he had been accused of being drunk at work and had lost his job and the right to practise medicine. It only got worse from there on out. Alistair became abusive over the years, but the majority of it was towards Duncan. Douglas, through these years, protected his Aila and, when she was born, Clary too.
When Douglas was fifteen, Davina’s cancer came back. She fought hard but eventually lost her battle when Douglas was sixteen. Since then, Douglas has been trying to hold his family together while finishing college and working a part time job. Alistair was gone for more than he was around, and spending all the money that they family had ever saved. Duncan graduated Hogwarts and came home to the ruins of their family. He immediately took charge by taking Douglas and Clary to their grandparents house; while taking Aila with him as she had received her Hogwarts letter. Currently, Douglas is eighteen years old (depending on when his birthday falls) and is in his final year of college. He still lives with Clary and their grandparents.
Involvement: Hands-On, definitely! The history is obviously set, but reactions and personality is definitely up to you. If anyone wants to bounce ideas, please PM or skype me! <3MISCELLANEOUS ADULTSGRETA __________ ____________
July 21, 2017
Requester's Name: Bones
Characters: Adam Isidor Rosenberg-Dorn , Thora Mariana Rosenberg-Dorn . Anyone Adam or Thora comes into contact with. Other royals. Shopkeepers…...so basically anyone.
Potential Play-By: 4 options: Kate Mara, Natalie Portman, Jayma Mays, Amy Adams
Age Range: 20-25
Character Group: Wizarding adult or Muggle adult.
Biography: Her family has served the Rosenberg family since before they retook the throne and long before they merged with the Dorn family. Her family has always been loyal to the family, and Greta is no different. She even followed Adam to England after he insisted he didn’t need or want a servant there. In return for their loyalty, Adam’s family has always treated Greta and her family very well. Her history is very open, especially since her blood type is open as well. She can be magical or muggle. I see her as being more loyal to Adam than to other members of the royal family because they kind of grew up together. She could even have a little crush on him, the kind you avoid thinking about because you know you shouldn’t feel it. She kind and likes to make Adam and Thora smile. She very much will go the extra mile whenever she can.
TO REQUEST A CHARACTER
Please post this form in and out of code.
[div align=center][font face=georgia size=3]Character's Name[/font]
[font size=1][b]Today's Date[/b][/font][/div]
[b]Requester's Name:[/b] Your Name
[b]Characters:[/b] Who will this character hopefully be plotting with?
[b]Potential Play-By:[/b] Please remember that placing a request does not automatically reserve the play-by for anyone’s use.
[b]Character Group:[/b] Tell us which member group the character would likely be in (Hogwarts house, ministry official, etc.); this can be left up to the potential creator
[b]Biography:[/b] Give us a short description of the character; make sure you cover anything important. Mentioning personality, history, and relationships with other characters is the most useful.
[b]Involvement:[/b] Hands-On or Hands-Off
TO MAKE A CHARACTER FROM THE LIST
[div align=center][font face=georgia size=3]Can I Please Have?[/font][/div]
[b]Character:[/b] Who do you want to make?
[b]Potential Creator:[/b] Your Name
[b]Reason:[/b] Why do you think you are a good match for this character? Or, why are you interested in this particular character?
[quote]Please write a brief example of how you would roleplay the character you'd like to create.[/quote]